Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I am reading now

I just finished reading the following books:


Hunter Moran Hangs Out by Patricia Reilly Giff

Hunter Moran Hangs Out by Patricia Reilly Giff.

When Hunter and his twin brother Zack, hear from Sarah Yulefiski that there is going to be a kidnapping in Newfield, they are on high alert. But the most shocking news is yet to come: they figure out that Steadman, their younger brother, is the kidnapper's target. After erecting a rickety lookout tower high in a tree in nearby Werewolf Woods, they discover suspicious activities going on around town.

Hello Kitty: Here We Go!

Hello Kitty: Here we Go! by Jacob Chabot.

I have been trying to expand my horizons and read more graphic novels. My colleague Amy who actually buys all the J Graphic Novels recommended this book to me. I will be honest the whole graphic novel format is not my preferred reading format, but I understand that the kids enjoy it. 

In this book, Join Kitty in her first ever comic book adventures as she explores an underground realm, moonlights as an international superspy, climbs the Himalayas, travels back in time, and discovers that sometimes, the best place to get away from it all is between the pages of a good book.

Book Jacket for: Let's get cracking!

Kung Pow Chicken, Let's Get Cracking! by Cyndi Marko.  

I laughed out loud as I read this book and can see why the kids love it so much.  

Kung Pow Chicken is the superhero everyone has been waiting for. Gordon Blue transforms into Kung Pow Chicken, an avian superhero who fights crime in the city of Fowladelphia.Suddenly, POOF Feathers fill the air and shivering naked chickens are everywhere. Why have all these chickens lost their feathers? Forced to wear wooly sweaters, the city itches for a hero.

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment